Healthy, delicious and quick Beetroot Potato Stir Fry with chives. Beetroot are packed with many nutrients and is a natural blood purifier. The sweetness of the beets works great with potatoes and the mild spices. This stir fry is a simple, flavourful and vibrant coloured dish.
- Beetroot – 1 cup (diced small)
- Potato – 1 cup (diced medium)
- Garlic Chives or Spring Onion – 4 tbsp (sliced small pieces)
- Green Chilli (4” length, mild hot) – 1 (sliced round)
- Cumin Seeds– ½ tsp
- Oil – 1tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Peel and dice the potatoes and beetroot into cubes. Cut the beetroot cubes slightly smaller than potatoes as beetroot needs more coking time.
- Slice green chilli into small round pieces. Cut the chives (or spring onion) into 1 cm long pieces. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and let it splutter. Lower the flame, add green chilli, potato, beetroot and salt. Stir and saute for a while and cover and cook on low flame till it is done. It will take 8-10 minutes.
- When done, turn off the flame, garnish with chopped chives, mix well and serve with rice or phulka or roti.