Rich, delicious Chocolate Ganache Cake. It is tasty, dark and smothered with dark chocolate ganache for that extra lusciousness. This chocolatey treat is absolutely toothsome. It is a no-fail chocolate cake, perfect for parties and occasions made with chocolate or vanilla cakes as base.
- Base Recipes : Prepare Eggless Chocolate Cake, Chocolate Ganache and Sugar Syrup as per the recipe directions on each. This Eggless Chocolate Ganache Cake was made in 8” heart shape pan. For layered cake, fill inside the cake with chocolate ganache. It can also be decorated with out layering and filling. Divide the prepared chocolate ganache into two and keep aside. One set is for filling and covering the cake and one set for pouring as a glaze. Cover and keep the ganache with plastic wrap so that it doesn’t form thick layer on top. Plastic wrap should be touching the top of the chocolate. For spreading and filling, allow the ganache to cool completely to get a thick coating. Cooled for about two to four hours, until it begins to set up but is still soft like buttercream. It always depends on the room temperature. For pouring, keep the ganache uncovered only for about 15-30 minutes until its room temperature..
- Assemble Cake : Wait until the cake has cooled at least one hour before cutting and leveling. It is always better to level the cake for a more professional look. Levelling can be done using a serrated knife. For layered cake, split the cake into layers using a serrated knife or cake leveler or dental floss. This Eggless Chocolate Cake is splitted using a cake leveler and levelled with a serrated knife. Set a cake layer onto the cake board or turn table. Brush this cooled layer with sugar syrup for extra moistness and prolonged freshness. Spread half of the thick chocolate ganache to completely cover the top of the first cake layer, try to make sure this is at least ¼” thick (This ganache should be like buttercream spreading consistency, cooled for minimum 2 hours). Let ganache set for a few minutes until firm, now place the second layer on top, making sure the ganache has firmly set; otherwise it will just squeeze out. Spread some of this thick ganache in a thin layer over entire cake, covering completely. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
- Ganache Frosting : Transfer cake to a wire rack set over a rimmed baking sheet. Pour reserved (softened to pouring consistency) ganache over top, letting it run down the sides. If necessary, use a large offset spatula to spread from the center toward the edges, so that the cake is evenly and completely covered. Decorate with chocolate chips or grated chocolate. Refrigerate until ganache has just begun to set, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer cake to a serving plate or cake board. Serve immediately or refrigerate, covered with a cake dome, for up to 2 days.
- CAKE BASE: Cake base used in this recipe is Eggless Chocolate Cake. It can also be made using Moist Chocolate Cake or Dark Secret Chocolate Cake or any Vanilla Cakes.
- GANACHE POURING : For pourable ganache, it is best to allow it to cool until no longer hot, but still a liquid pourable consistency. Then you can pour it over a cake as a glaze or on top of brownies as a glaze like frosting. For pouring thick glaze, allow the ganache to thicken for about 10 to 15 minutes. If it is made in advance, soften in the microwave to get pouring consistency. If the ganache is too thin it will just pour off the cake without coating well. It should be just above room temperature.
- MEASURING TOOLS USED : 240 ml cup, 15 ml tablespoon and 5 ml teaspoon.