Mango Sago Dessert is an easy to make mango sweet dessert that has a creamy texture bursting with mango flavor. It is refreshing, smooth and perfect to beat the heat. Mango sago is a delicious, addictive pudding made with fresh mango pulp and sago pearls.
- Mango puree – 2 cups
- Sago – ½ cup
- Yoghurt – ½ cup
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – ½ cup
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Mango pieces – ¼ cup diced small (optional)
- Chocolate Dragee – 3 tbsp (optional)
- Sago Balls : Boil the washed sago balls in a large pot with lot of water. Cook until the balls are transparent, stirring it consistently without lumps. Drain cooked sago and keep in fridge till use.
- Mango Puree : Peel and pit about 2 medium ripe mango and cut into pieces. In a food processor purée mango with 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice until smooth.
- Mixing : In a mixing bowl pour yoghurt, mango puree and condensed milk and mix well without lumps. Now add cooked sago little by little and mix well.
- Chill and garnish with diced mango or choco caramel dragee or choclate chips and serve.
- SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK SUBSTITUTE : Substitute condensed milk with milk or buttermilk and sugar. ½ cup condensed milk = ½ cup of milk/buttermilk + 2 tbsp Sugar
- TOPPING : Garnish the dessert with chocolate chips or sprinkles or chopped mangoes or dragees.
- TIPS : More yoghurt or milk with less mango puree, makes the pudding on the whiter side. Add more mango puree for mango like yellowish-orange colour. Some variations of this recipe uses coconut milk instead of yoghurt and condensed milk.
- CONSISTENCY : Adjust the consistency by adding more water, or more mango puree. Add more condensed milk/ sugar according to your taste.
- Quantity : This recipe makes about four cups of mango sago dessert.
- MEASURING TOOLS USED : 240 ml cup, 15 ml tablespoon and 5 ml teaspoon.
There are many variations to the basic mango sago recipe based in different regions. Mango Sago Dessert is prepared especially in Singapore, Thailand and Hong Kong. Sago pearls and mango are usually an integral part of this classic mango dessert.