Paneer Pizza made with marinated paneer and choice veggie toppings. Wheat Pizza is flavourful and delicious, same like plain flour pizza, with soft and chewy pizza crust.
This recipe makes pizzeria or restaurant style pizza at home with half whole wheat flour and half plain flour combination. Less plain flour and half whole wheat flour used to make Pizza more healthy and appealing like classic plain dough pizzeria pizzas.
MORE PIZZA RECIPES
- Veggie Pizza with Whole Wheat Flour
- Chicken Pizza with Whole Wheat Flour
TIPS TO MAKE BEST PANEER PIZZA
PIZZA PAN & SIZE
This recipe makes four 6″ small or three 8″ medium or two 12” large Medium Thick Crust Pizzas. Divide the dough equally among the available size pans and bake accordingly. This recipe yields approximately 700-720g dough. So for baking medium 8” pizzas, divide and scale dough into 3 equal pieces (approx. 230-240 g each).
Veggies are given as optional ingredients to make Pizza as per your choice toppings. You can completely avoid all toppings and use only cheese if you wish to make Cheese Pizza. Pinch and top pizza with small cheese pieces to make Extra Cheesy Pizza, about another 2550 gms of cheese.
FINE SEMOLINA DUSTING
The dust that we see in all restaurant made pizza is fine semolina or corn meal. Fine semolina or corn meal is sprinkled on the bottom of the pizza tray or pizza stone to prevent the pizza dough from sticking to the pizza pan. Same way, sprinkle fine semolina or corn meal on the working surface (or Pizza Peel) to avoid sticking. Compared to corn meal, it is better to use semolina flour as it has a nutty texture and toasts well.
It is a baking tool used to easily transfer the wet, sticky dough to the greased and dusted pizza pan or hot baking stone. Tip is to use a cutting board or flat cookie sheet as the working surface, to easily slide and transfer rolled pizza in to the pan. Pizza Peel is also used to retrieve the Pizza after when finished cooking.
PIZZA STONE / CAST IRON SKILLET
Place Pizza stone on the 2nd lowest or middle rack position in your oven and preheat it at 250 degree C for an hour before placing the dough in the pan. Same way, preheat cast iron pan / skillet for at least 30 minutes at 250 degree C before placing your dough in the pan. This preheating helps in getting crisp bottom crust.
Brushing with olive oil gives golden brown edges and avoid drying out while cooking. Adding olive oil to the dough gives a crisp crust with tender interior. Sprinkling oregano and chilli flakes gives more flavour and taste like Pizzeria pizza. Olive oil can be substituted with any other vegetable oil.
6” pizzas need about 3-4 tablespoons sauce per pizza. 8” pizzas need about 4-5 tbsp sauce per pizza. 12” pizzas need about 7-8 tbsp sauce per pizza.
PIZZA DOUGH WITH PLAIN FLOUR
If you are making Pizza with Plain Flour, use 3 cups of plain flour and 1 cup + 2 tbsp water to make the dough. Use 2 tbsp water for yeast and add 1 cup water more to make the dough.
Four small pizzas / three medium pizzas / two large pizzas serves 4 people.
Paneer Pizza (Wheat Pizza)
PIZZA BASE DOUGH
- 1.5 Cups All-Purpose Flour (Organic unbleached plain flour)
- 1.5 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 tsp Yeast
- 2 tsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- 4 tbsp kneading + 2 tsp (greasing) Olive oil
- 1 cup + ¼ cup + 1tbsp Warm Water
- 200 g Paneer
- 2 tbsp Curd
- ½ tsp Chilli Powder
- ½ tsp Coriander
- ¼ tsp Turmeric
- ¼ tsp Cumin
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- ¼ tsp Garam Masala
- ¼ tsp Salt
PIZZA – OTHER INGREDIENTS
- 2 cups / 225 g (Or Grated Mozarella Cheese Pizza Cheese)
- 1 tsp Oregano (optional)
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes (optional)
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil (Greasing the pan, brushing the pizza)
- 4 tbsp Fine Semolina / Corn Meal
CHOICE VEGGIE TOPPINGS
- 1 cup 1 medium Capsicum, optional
- 1 cup 2 medium Onion, optional
- ½ cup 2 medium Tomato, optional
- 1 cup 16 pitted olivesOlives, optional
QUICK KETCHUP PIZZA SAUCE
- 1 cup Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tsp Oregano
- ½ tsp Basil
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder (Or Minced Garlic 1 tsp (Optional))
- ½ tsp Chilli Flakes
- ½ tsp Chilli Powder (Or Paparika Powder – ½ tsp)
PIZZA DOUGH MAKING
- Proof Yeast : Mix 2 tsp yeast with ¼cup of warm water and 2 tsp sugar in a bowl. Cover the bowl and set aside for 10-15 minutes until it dissolves and blooms. Mixture becomes foamy or bubbly and frothy.
- Make Pizza Dough : Whisk together the flours and the salt. Make a well in the center of the flour mix and add the yeast mixture and warm water (1 cup + 1 tbsp). Knead by adding the oil to the dough, half a tbsp at a time, to get smooth dough. Usually, the kneading process takes about 4-7 minutes in a mixer, 12-15 minutes by hand and 15 minutes in a food processor.
- Proof Dough : Grease a large bowl with 2 tsp of olive oil, turn the dough in the oil so that it is evenly coated with the oil, and cover the bowl. Keep for 1 hour to 1.5 hour to double. Depending on the temperature conditions in your place, it can take less or more time for the dough to rise. Deflate and knead the dough for another minute until it makes a smooth dough ball.
PIZZA TOPPING PREPARATION
- Paneer Marinating : Cut paneer into small cubes. Mix together all marinating ingredients with paneer and keep aside for 15 minutes. (Note: 200gm paneer used in this recipe was cut into 48 small cubes.)
- Veggie Choice Toppings :If using, slice onion, capsicum, tomato and olives. You can slice as round cuts as rings or square pieces or as medium long pieces.
MAKE EASY N QUICK PIZZA SAUCE
- In a bowl take tomato ketchup, add oregano, basil,chilli flakes, chilli powder and minced garlic (or garlic powder).
- Mix until well combined. Keep aside. You can also prepare this in advance and store in a jar and refrigerate.
BAKING PANEER PIZZA PIZZA AT HOME
- Prepare Pans & Preheat : Choose pans, lightly grease the pizza pan with olive oil and sprinkle with fine semolina. . Preheat oven to 250°C for 10-15 minutes.
- Divide the Dough : Once the dough is doubled, deflate and knead the dough for another minute until it makes a smooth dough ball. On a well floured (dusted with fine semolina) surface, press the dough, divide and scale dough into 2 or 3 or 4 equal pieces (according to chosen pizza size).
- Make Pizza Base : Shape each piece in to a ball. Flatten the dough ball to a disk, roll the dough out to form a circle, that fits the chosen pan, with¼” thickness (to make medium thick crust pizza). Gently, transfer the dough to a prepared pizza pan and shape it again to fit the pan, if needed. Using fingers start making dents around, leaving ½” rim. Make edges a bit thicker than center while forming the crust. Poke holes all over the inside portion of the pizza base,with a fork, to prevent pizza base from developing air bubbles and fluffing up during the baking process.
- Adding Toppings : Brush the prepared pizza base with olive oil, add pizza sauce leaving ½” rim and spread it on the greased pizza base, spread some grated cheese, next top with paneer and veggies,then spread grated cheese. Drizzle some (1 or 2 tsp) pizza sauce on top and finally, sprinkle chilli flakes and oregano for more taste and flavour. (Note :Divide the topping ingredients to 2 or 3 or 4 equal portions to use in all pizzas)
- Baking Pizza : Bake at 250 degree C for 10-15 minutes, till the base is cooked and cheese completely melts and turns slightly golden brown.
★ We love your Feedback !! Have you tried this Paneer Pizza (Wheat Pizza) Recipe? Please click on the stars in the recipe card below to rate. You can also follow GuttansFood on Facebook, Instagram to see what’s latest in Guttans Kitchen.